Community Development

Are you a rural voluntary, community or faith group based in Cheshire or Warrington..?

If so, we may be able to help you. 

We can assist in many ways from setting up a new group, to developing an existing group to better meet your future aims and objectives. You might be looking for advice on volunteer management, or maybe need to know how to go about writing or updating policies. Our one to one service is designed to look carefully at your needs and provide the most appropriate advice for your group.

We can support you by locating both national and local funding sources for the project you have in mind. Once we’ve identified the best funding source we can help you to complete the funding application. In some cases we can also put you in touch with funders direct as well as providing access to funding training and events.

Advice and Guidance
Our signposting service is there to put you in touch with the appropriate person or group to help with your needs. You may be looking for training to grow the skills in your group; you may be looking for volunteers; or perhaps you are thinking of starting a social enterprise and need advice on where to start. We have access to a great network of people who can help.

It can be really useful to meet other groups who have similar interests and challenges. Each partner organisation involved in the project is a member of a series of networks and we can put you in touch with others to share ideas and explore possibilities to collaborate. Through these networks, we can also create a stronger collective voice for rural issues, making sure these are on the agenda at appropriate forums.

Community Buildings
Is your issue concerned with a community building such as a village or church hall? We have a dedicated Community Buildings Adviser who can advise you about your community building on anything from legislation to funding and health and safety. You can benefit from a range of services by joining the Village Halls Forum. Visit our community buildings advisory service page for further information on community buildings.